Anthony Marren is an accredited Fertility Specialist with Genea. In addition to the investigation and management of female and male infertility, Anthony has clinical and research interests in:
Pre-implantation Genetic Testing (PGT)
This includes Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) for couples with known chromosomal anomalies (e.g. carriers of single gene mutations such as Cystic Fibrosis) and Pre-implantation Genetic Screening (PGS) for couples who are attempting to achieve a pregnancy efficiently, with a reduced risk of miscarriage.
Anthony is currently the Consultant managing the Recurrent Miscarriage clinic at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. His experience and active involvement in research ensures that his patients are provided with up-to-date and evidence-based information.
Anthony is accredited as an Advanced Laparoscopic Gynaecological Surgeon. He is skilled in all aspects of reproductive surgery such as:
- Hysteroscopic procedures: polyp, fibroids, Asherman syndrome, and congenital anomalies;
- Laparoscopic procedures: endometriosis, fibroids, and tubal reversals;
- Open procedures: fibroids and tubal reversals;
- Male procedures: testicular aspiration and biopsy.
- Gamete (egg or sperm) donation
The information on these pages aim to give patients a brief overview of the assessment and management of infertility and miscarriage. Further information can be obtained at your consultation and via the Genea website.